You probably saw this being sold around group buying sites, this is the Magic Mesh Instant Screendoor , the fast and easy way to keep fresh air in and bugs out.
I bought this even after reading negative reviews because I was going to use it for a room in the house where I did not have the window screened. Seriously I’m saving money ha ha. So anyhow here’s my magic mesh review.
1. The box contains the 2 black mesh, a box of wooden tacks and the velcro snaps.
2. It was long enough I think for any door to fit into. However as I was going to use this for the window it really did not matter. I did notice thought that there’s a long gap at the bottom kinda like as long as the palm of your hand which would have been nice if shorter or locks with magnets too if you’re using for your door.
3. An english instruction pamphlet comes with it. Fairly easy to follow with the diagram telling you where to put the velcro. I didn’t use the tacks because I was putting the stuff up on concrete.
4. That done, I placed it on the window. Fairly easy, the velcro sticks really well.
5. The problem is there’s not enough velcro. I used it for the window so I used only half and still I needed some more.
6. The wind blows it open. So the bugs can really come flying in. Even with the magnet together the gap opens when there’s a breeze.
7. So I taped the middle part of it to close it up. Remember I don’t need to walk in and out ( which I think will present more of a problem since that’s the window ha ha) but I can just imagine when somebody walks in when its put on the door which is what it’s rally for yeah I know that some of the magnets might not align properly.
8. The tape did not work silly me so I had to sew it in the middle with a black thread. So hey if you just need it to be kind of like a curtain to lift open then you can do this too but that’s just kind of silly.
9. After a day one of the magnets fell off for no reason at all. It just fell. Must be the wind.
10. So I was watching a fly who couldn’t go through the magnet and I was like HAH! Just you try! He went away. I was still a bit smug when I saw a tiny flying insect I don’t know what that is , maybe a kind of plant insect because there are vines growing outside the window. I live next to a forest lol.
I was like, here’s another loser. I was staring at it as it tries to penetrate the mesh feelin as I said all confident that it cannot go inside. It made a little turn and then bham it got in. Ha ha ha. It turns out I’m the loser. Just to be fair though that was a really tiny insect, you might not have it near your home plus it doesn’t look like it bites anyway.
Anyhow, I still saved money because the mesh is what just around $6.00. Having the window screened would cost me around $20-30. Took a bit of time sewing up and taping the edges though.
I think it would work if they had more magnets to hold the center part and more velcro strips but I guess that would hike the price up.